Oats are incredibly nutritious and a great option for breakfast. They are super filling and are packed with protein. Oats are a great breakfast food for everyone but especially for those conscious about their sugar and cholesterol levels.
Beta-glucan, a fiber found in oats, “could increase the excretion of cholesterol-rich bile, thereby reducing circulating levels of cholesterol in the blood.” according to this article. Additionally oats could lower blood sugar levels, so they are a great choice for diabetes. This recipe only takes 10 minutes, and is a great breakfast to have on the go!
Check out this instructional video!
- Chia seeds
- Milk of choice
- Honey or sweetener of choice
- Fruit of choice
Step By Step Instructions
- Place ½ cup of raw oats in a container along with ¾ cup of almond milk (or other milk of choice).
- Seal the container with a lid or cling wrap and put it in the fridge overnight.
- The next morning, give it a good mix and add honey or any sweetener of choice.
- Cut up any fruits of your choice and add them on top of the oats.
- Add some sliced almonds, or any other toppings of your choice.
- Some delicious options are raisins, dried cranberries, and diced walnuts.
That’s it! Enjoy your oats at home, or put all your toppings in the container and take it to go.
© Avineet Ghai, 2021
Pre-med Student Intern at San Mateo Primary Care and Apollo Health Care Center